The St. Andreas church in Kimito is one of the oldest stone churches in Finland. It was first built during the 14th century. The vaults of the church were built by Petrus Murator de Kymitto, in the 15th century. He was also responsible for the construction of the vaulted nave of Turku Cathedral. The bell tower was built in 1781after a huge fire. The interior of the church has changed a lot over the years. In 1922 Amos Anderson provided renovation of the church. The alter window is designed by Armas Lindgren and tells about the history of the people through important figures.
https://i1.wp.com/kimitomusicfestival.fi/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Kemion_kirkko_1.jpg?fit=960%2C960&ssl=1 960 960 Svenna Martens https://kimitomusicfestival.fi/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/KIMF_vaaka_logo_web-300x75.png Svenna Martens2018-01-23 16:36:562020-03-02 23:10:04Kimito Church