CONCERT VENUES 2023
The St. Andreas church in Kimito is one of the oldest stone churches in Finland. It was first built during the 14th century. The vaults of the church were built by Petrus Murator de Kymitto, in the 15th century. He was also responsible for the construction of the vaulted nave of Turku Cathedral. The bell tower was built in 1781after a huge fire. The interior of the church has changed a lot over the years. In 1922 Amos Anderson provided renovation of the church. The alter window is designed by Armas Lindgren and tells about the history of the people through important figures.
Karuna Church is located in Karuna, Sauvo. The church, representing romantic nationalism, was built out of grey granite from Karuna during 1908–1910, and designed by Josef Stenbäck. There is a star vault and belt arch in the centre of the church that are decorated with festoons, otherwise the interior of the church is plastered in white. The church has been described as one of Finland's most successful and beautiful churches of the romantic nationalist style. Ilmari Launis has designed the church's altarpiece paintings "Ristiinnaulittu, jonka juurelta vuotaa elämän veden virta” (Crucified, from which the water of light flows from the roots) and to the sides ”Kalkkia ja leipää kantavat enkelit” (Angels bearing limestone and bread”.
The history of Söderlångvik Manor starts in the 14th century. The famous Finnish businessman, Amos Anderson (1878–1961), bought a small house in Southwest of Finland and renovated it to how it looks today. The main building has since 1965 been an art museum with Amos Anderson’s own art collections.
Applegardens, forestry, cafe & restaurant Café Söderlångvik and many events are main parts of activities at Söderlångvik manor. Söderlångvik Manor is a vibrant entity that manages a valuable cultural heritage and actively develops new business ideas.
Söderlångvik manor is owned by the association Föreningen Konstsamfundet r.f.
Sandövägen - Santasaarentie 405
The history of Sando Manor dates back to 1565, and the owners are known since then. The present main building was built during the 1720s and 1730s on the site of the earlier main building. It was styled after the earlier main building, and the design was influenced by manor castles built of stone from the end of the 16th century and the beginning of the 17th century. The building was restored in 1917.
Västanfjärd Old Church
Västanfjärd Old Church
Kyrksvängen - Kirkkokaari 12
The octagonal wooden Västanfjärd Old Church was built between 1759-60. The church got its bell tower in 1763. The interior fixtures are mostly original, apart from the altarpiece and the pulpit, which date from the 19th century.
Salo Art Museum Veturitalli
The building of the Salo Art Museum is an old locomotive shed. More than 100 years old, the roundhouse has in its history gone through several phases of expansion. As a result of the last expansion, the building was converted into a modern art museum. The old brick section was renovated into exhibition halls, and next to that was built a new section, in which offices and work areas, art storage, and an on-demand café are located. The renovation and the new building were designed by the city architect Lauri Hollmén. The roundhouse was opened as an art museum in October 1998.